‘My World’ Photo Contest
Sun, 06/11/2017 - 10:40am admin
HOWARD COUNTY - In this day and age of cameras on cell phones or iPads, there is usually a way to save the memory or awesome moment a person is witnessing.
During the Mighty Howard County Fair, locals can submit those interesting, breathtaking or just plain cute photos to the Times Plain Dealer and Monitor Recorder’s “My World” Photo Contest.
Check out your talented friends’ and neighbors’ picture-taking abilities in the Featherlite Center all during the fair, June 21-25.
• Scenic, Nature & Places: Still Life, Flowers, Insects, Wildlife, USA, International
• People: Family, Children, Special People
• Life in Iowa: At the Fair, Farm Life, Animals
All age groups are encouraged to submit a photo. Chamber bucks will be given to the winners in each category, with an overall Best of Show winner.
The judges will choose winners by quality of composition, creativity, quality of printed product and quality of presentation.
1. Limit two entries per person.
2. Photos must be original and 8” x 10” or larger.
3. Photos must be mounted on foamcore or matted; no frames (neatness of presentation counts).
4. Each entry must have a 25-100 word “backgrounder,” a written statement on the image, along with name, phone number of and short bio of the photographer.
5. E-mail photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org for possible reprint in newspaper.
6. Judges reserve the right not to make any awards in any category.
1. All entries must be delivered to the Howard County Fairgrounds Featherlite Center from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. on Wednesday, June 21, 2017. Entries must be picked up by the following Sunday, June 25, 2017, before 4 p.m. Entries not claimed by this time will be disposed of.
2. All entrants must sign an entry form and attach it to the back of all entries.
The entry forms are available at Times Plain Dealer office at 214 N. Elm, Cresco or Monitor Recorder, 111 East Second Street, Riceville.
1. As many images as possible will be exhibited at the Howard County Fair on a space available basis.
2. Winning entries may be published in the Times Plain Dealer and Monitor Recorder.
3. Judges reserve the right to accept or reject any entries.
The Times Plain Dealer, the eXTRA, Evans Publishing and Monitor Recorder, Howard County Fair and sponsors take no responsibility for any damage or theft of the photographs that are entered. Entrants submit photos at their own risk. Entrants grant the Times Plain Dealer and Monitor Recorder the right to publish submitted photographs, “backgrounders,” and biographical information in the newspaper and in other printed material advertising and publicizing the contest.