Council gives Tourism Grants
Wed, 02/07/2018 - 1:28pm admin
Marcie Klomp News Editor email@example.com
CRESCO - At its Jan. 22 meeting, Cresco Council voted to give $3,000 to Driftrunners Snowmobile Club for Snowfest. This year was the 47th annual event, with members looking toward the 50th. The application explained the club tries to make Snowfest bigger and better each year.
In addition, $1,000 was given to Howard County Historical Society to preserve the windmill outside the museum by getting it in working order. An informational sign will also be purchased.
• In other business, Council voted to replace the drinking fountain at City Hall, at a cost of $1,000.
• Councilman Dave Brenno brought up the recent bid opening for the Howard County Jail. Mayor Mark Bohle noted, “I’m tickled we got it done in one vote and got a local contractor. That kept prices down.”
• Bids were opened for stump grinding for 2018. Wilson Custom Tree had the low bid of 75¢ per inch with a $15 minimum per stump, which was accepted.
Other bids were Total Tree Care at $1.75 per inch and Tim Walton at 87¢ per inch.
• Team Rehab has been purchased by Gundersen Lutheran. Gundersen wishes to continue using the Team Rehab offices in the back of the Fitness Center, but would like some improvements to the area. Council is looking at the proposed lease.
• The City entered into a five-year maintenance agreement with Municipal Pipe Tool Company for the sanitary sewer utility.
• The City entered into an agreement with Midland GIS Solutions, LLC for GPS mapping, GIS development and implementation.
The next meeting of Cresco City Council will be Feb. 5 at 7 p.m. at City Hall.