RHSHC COVID vaccine update
Fri, 03/19/2021 - 9:45am admin
CRESCO - Since Monday, March 8th, those 64 years old and younger with medical conditions that are or may be an increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19 have been eligible to receive vaccinations. Howard County Public Health is aware of this change. However, with limited allocations, at this time, we will continue to address the 65+ priority group. We will also include individuals in Tiers 2-5 in Phase 1B prior to moving to 1C. If you have questions about Phase 1C or about eligibility, please contact 2-1-1.
Vaccine continues to be in short supply. Howard County does not control how many vaccines we receive.
• Howard County anticipates continuing to receive only 100 prime doses per week.
• Thus far, 1,796 total doses have been administered in Howard County. This includes 1,197 prime doses and 599 second doses.
• We appreciate your continued patience.
While we continue to vaccinate those 65 and older and other Phase 1B priority groups, we would also like to share other local opportunities for vaccination. It is not required that Howard County residents get vaccinated in Howard County or that Iowa residents get vaccinated in Iowa.
Here are additional opportunities to look for vaccine appointments (Please note, availability is limited and may fluctuate frequently.):
• Hy-vee Pharmacies – Find open appointments at: https://www.hy-vee.com/my-pharmacy/covid-vaccine-consent.
• CVS Pharmacies – Find open appointments at: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine.
Current Vaccination Info for Howard County
• Currently, the Moderna vaccine is the vaccine allocated to Howard County.
• Vaccination appointments are scheduled for those on our 65+ waitlist via a phone call from Public Health/RHSHC or an email from a scheduling program called Sign Up Genius that Public Health/RHSHC will be using to assist with scheduling.
• If you submitted an email to our waitlist, watch your spam box for this appointment email as some settings may mark it as spam.
• If you are 65+ and have not yet been put on the waitlist, you may do so by filling out this Survey Monkey form: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/howardcovaccine.
• If you are on our waitlist and have received the vaccine elsewhere, please feel free to let us know so we can remove you from the list.